Average Read Time: 5 minutes
With over 1.5 billion active users on Facebook alone, social media is the go-to tool to increase any discerning business’ online presence.
There’s no denying it, we talk about it all the time… social media is massive. With over 1.5 billion active users on Facebook alone; sending 3 million messages every 20 minutes, and sharing 205 photos every day, there are hundreds of reasons why businesses should be utilising the power of social media to grow their customers, project by project. And here are just 10 reasons to use social media…
- Online exposure: It’s free (most of the time), fun, casual, and diverse; and shows off your creativity. With the right content, your business can easily reach thousands, if not millions of people in one hit.
- Brand reputation: the perfect place to showcase your brand with great brand design; sharing stories, testimonials, and day-to-day activities that will strengthen your reputation and, in turn, keep your business at the forefront of customers’ minds.
- Open dialogues: you can not only talk directly to your customers, but your customers can talk directly to you; sharing their experiences of your business and your brand – providing valuable, real-time feedback on areas you excel in, and areas you could improve upon.
- Specific targeting: on most social media platforms, particularly Facebook, you can target specific groups or types of people, dependent on all sorts of factors, including; location, interests, gender, and anything else that would help you talk directly to your ideal customer.
- Increased ranking: if you publish something on your website, like a blog or a video, then share it on social media, your website’s Google rankings will increase, particularly if the content is popular! It’s known as ‘link building’, which is great for SEO.
- Rewards & recognition: it’s the perfect place to reward and recognise your customers for remaining loyal to your business; running competitions, providing exclusive content, and discounts they wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else.
- Content marketing: social media platforms have given content marketing a second wind! They’re the perfect places to let your content do the talking, and let your business ethos shine through, without the pressure of the hard sell.
- Increase website traffic: shared in the right way, using social media can increase traffic to your site; you just need to ensure you publish exclusive content on your site first, and share that on your platforms.
- Perfecting tone of voice: every business is unique, and as a result, has a unique tone of voice to match; a specific way of speaking and writing about your work, to engage your audience and get people investing in your product or service. Due to its casual, personal format, social media can support you to perfect your tone of voice and work out the best way of talking to your audience, about your business, to keep people engaged.
- Building trust and loyalty: all of the above contribute to many things, but have one HUGE thing in common – they help to build trust and loyalty from your customers to your brand, ensuring they stick with you for all their needs.
Why our 10 reasons to use social media are important
Social media is an effective, and cost effective, way to keep your business in your customers’ minds for the right reasons; offering them a chance to get to know your business, and for your business to get to know them.
If you’re not using social media at all right now or you’re not using it very much, now is the time to start!
Talk to us about your social media today.